importing multiple files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18611] importing multiple files
  • From: "pytr" <pytr224 at mynet.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:01:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to import multiple files in text format which are written by another
system. I don't want to use math link at this time.

The basic routine needed is

SetDirectory  ["c:\dumpdir/myreports"]
Label [beginproc]
flst= FileNames[ "*z.txt"]
filename=First[flst]
Get[filename]
DeleteFile[filename]
Goto beginproc

using the above file list, I need to import and run each file, then erase
each file after processing,then look for new files.

Any advice?

The current program only loops once..

CJ