Re: POLE-ZERO PLOTS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18726] Re: POLE-ZERO PLOTS
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7mjsbi$fcg at smc.vnet.net>, "BA" <aliane at javanet.com> writes:

> In control systems, it is a custom to represent the poles of a transfer
> function by "X", and the zeros by "o".  When, I use mathematica to get the
> pole-zero plot, I am not sure how to display poles with crosses "x"...the
> only function I'm aware of is PointSize...but this function uses a different
> symbol.
> Is there anybody out there who can propose a straightforward way to do it.

Use a Text[] primitive in your graphic to place x's and o's in the places of
your poles and zeroes.

Someone has already written a simple function for generating these kinds
of plots in Mathematica.  You can find it in the notebook that makes up
this MathSource item.

http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Applications/Engineering/Electrical/Signals/0205-546

--
P.J. Hinton