Calling Mathematica function from a C program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18743] Calling Mathematica function from a C program
  • From: aranisin at scf-fs.usc.edu (aranisin)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I would like to call the Mathematica function
'CurveFit' from a C program. I want to pass
to it an array of numbers and obtain the curve.

(i) I am wondering whether it can be done and if so,
how.

(ii) Do I need to use MathLInk?

(iii) We have a license for MAthematica. Does the use
of MAthlink require a separate license?

Please reply to this e-mail.

Thanks,

Arani