Dialog boxes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18836] Dialog boxes
  • From: "Sortech Limited" <sortech.limited at virgin.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to go about creating a
Dialog Box for inputting several parameter values used in my notebooks. I
would like to create something that looks like a standard windows dialog box
where the user inputs data into named boxes and then clicks on a button to
run a particular set of cells, plot graphs etc. Are there any example
workbooks someone can point me to? Or can this only be achieved using a VB
from end? My key objectives are 1) to create intuitive data entry dialogs,
and 2) to create notebooks that are novice/casual user friendly.  It's quite
important for me to solve this one having recommended the use of Mathematica
in an engineering design house where I'm now meeting resistance from the
other system fans. Basically, I think I can stave off criticism if I can
demonstrate Mathematica delivers an I/O edge.