Exporting PRINT results from Mathematica to other applications

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18808] Exporting PRINT results from Mathematica to other applications
  • From: hanssen at zeiss.de
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, MathGroup,

recently, there was a thread "Exporting  results from Mathematica to
other applications" in this group, e.g. mg17737, mg17672.
We learned from it, first to convert output cells to OutputForm using
the ConvertTo command. Later one has to select and use
Edit>Copy as>Text.

If one does this with cells generated with Print, which also contain
formatted numbers (e.g. generated with one or the other option of
PaddedForm or 100*Round[#/100]& etc), the well formatted numbers are
sometimes extended with insignificant digits and the proper formatting
is gone. I have not yet found out, when exactly this happens, at
least it is highly undesireable.

Any idea, how to avoid around this (it happens in Matheamtica 3.0.1.1x,
what about Mathematica 4)?

kind regards

Dipl.-Math. Adalbert Hanszen