Re: Menu Control

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18867] Re: [mg18690] Menu Control
  • From: "David Bailey" <db at salford-software.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:30:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com> wrote in message
news:7mp0ij$l62 at smc.vnet.net...
> In version 3, ResetMenusPacket[] only worked on the Macintosh.  In
> version 4, it should work on all platforms.

The problem with ResetMenusPacket is that any package using this feature has
to start from the MENUSETUP.TR file - thus removing any menu extensions
installed by another package using the same technique. Is there any way to
READ the current menu back from the frontend so that changes can be applied.

David Bailey
Salford Software