QUESTION ABOUT PLOT VECTOR FIELD

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18901] QUESTION ABOUT PLOT VECTOR FIELD
  • From: "Ing. Antonio F.R. CARABIO" <acarabio at arnet.com.ar>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:27:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am running Mathematica 2.1, and having trouble using Plot Vector Field
when trying to plot electrostatic fields with singularities of type 1/r
or 1/r^2 at the origin of coordinates. Often when the plot goes near the
origin, the programme answers "Floating Point Error" and the PC goes out
of service. Is there any way of getting a plot in this case?, or do I
have to accept only graphics in regions far from the origin? Can you
help me, please? Thanks in advance. Rubin Carabio. Buenos Aires.
Argentina.

acarabio at arnet.com.ar