Removing Graphics3D polygon edges

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18948] Removing Graphics3D polygon edges
  • From: "Greg Keogh" <greg at mira.net>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:33:42 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello from Melbourne Australia,

I can't figure out how to remove the edges of polygons on the surface of a
Graphics3D object created by a ParametricPlot3D. The skeleton of my call
looks like this:

ParametricPlot3D[{ , , },{ , , },{ , , },
      BoxRatios->{1,1,2},Axes->False,Boxed->False,
      PlotPoints->40]

I want the equivalent smooth appearance one gets from Mesh->False in a
surface plot. I think I'm supposed to include an EdgeForm[] directive, but I
'm having trouble with the syntax.

Cheers,
Greg Keogh greg at mira.net