Re: Mathlink slowdown with Win-NT - in 4.0 resolved?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18100] Re: [mg11266] Mathlink slowdown with Win-NT - in 4.0 resolved?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:37 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, as told in the postings about this problem -- yes. MathLink is visible faster than in the 3.0 version. How ever it is always a good advice to make the exchanged data packets so huge as possible. Regards Jens hanssen at zeiss.de wrote: > > Hi, all > > In [mg11266] I reported about MathLink slowdown in Mathematica 3.0.x with Win-NT > (the idle process always came in between, when a transfer via MathLink > happened. Thus, performance of MathLink functions, which were called > very often, but required little data, was terribly degraded. It was > proportional - with a large factor - to the number of calls. In comparison, > the dependence on the amount of data was almost negligible. I have been > told, the problem did not arise with Win-95). > > How is the Mathlink-performance in the new revision of Mathematica on > Win-NT? Did any of you, who already has 4.0, test MathLink-performance? > > sincerely > > A. Hanszen