Re: docs on bracket shapes
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18130] Re: docs on bracket shapes
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:51:37 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7ka75d$io9 at smc.vnet.net>, Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> writes: > Mathematica ver. 2.x in print documented the various shaped cell > brackets -- the ornaments indicating active/inactive, initialization, > sound, etc. Mathematica 3.x did not, and a number of users called > attention to that omission. > > Unless I am mistaken, the new ver. 4.0, once again, fails to document > the kinds of brackets. If I am correct, why is this simple matter still > not attended to? > > (This is not a matter of idle curiosity. My students have repeatedly > asked about this over the several years I have been teaching with ver. > 3.0 and 3.0.1.) This MathSource item may be of interest to you. http://www.mathsource.com/Content/General/Tutorials/Programming/0209-810 -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.