Re: Convert to bitmap
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18122] Re: [mg18015] Convert to bitmap
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:51:33 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <199906121952.PAA05650@smc.vnet.net.> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7k9pl5$ov3$1 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Jean-Marie Thomas <jmthomas at agat.net> writes: > Use the FrontEnd : > Select the cell containing the graphics, > go to the menu "Cell/Convert to" and select BMP > > You can then copy the cell and paste it in any drawing program that accepts BMP. > > Hope this helps, A point of clarification regarding the menu operation described above. The menu command Cell -> Convert To -> Bitmap converts the cell's contents into a Mathematica system independent raster graphics format bitmap (MGF), which is _not_ the same as a Windows device independent bitmap (DIB or BMP). When you copy the cell to the system clipboard and paste to a target application, you are placing a Windows metafile that carries a bitmap. If you want to get a real Windows device independent bitmap, you can use the menu command Edit -> Save Selection As -> Bitmap (BMP), directly on a cell without first doing the Convert To menu command. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.