"At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18259] "At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"
  • From: Andrew Watson <abwatson at mail.arc.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Saying first that I am a fanatical Mathematica user, in awe of the product
and its developers, I nonetheless feel compelled to say that...

I am absolutely astonished that Mathematica 4.0 has *still* not fixed the
FrameLabel rotated text bug, which prevents vertical axis labels from
appearing properly when rendered on screen on the Mac. This bug causes
endless troubles for those of us who prepare figures for both printing and
live presentation. This bug has been present since time immemorial, but
elicits only sheepish chuckles from Wolfram developers when mentioned. What
gives? Is this really something that has stumped the greatest computational
minds of the end of the millenium? Is it really so low on the list of
priorities that it has persisted for 10 years? Have you no shame?

Andrew B. Watson
MS 262-2
NASA Ames Research Center
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000