Re: Using own package problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16160] Re: Using own package problem
  • From: Jan Krupa <krupa at alpha.sggw.waw.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 01:13:10 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jan Krupa wrote:

> BeginPackage["ExLinearProgramming`"]
>
> ExLinearProgramming::usage =
> "LinearProgramming[c,A,b] finds the vector x which minimizes
> the quantity c.x subject to the constraints A.x >= b and x >= 0.
> ExLinearProgramming[c,A,b,d] may be used when the inequalities
> in A.x >=b numbered by d[[1]],d[[2]],...,d[[Length[d]]] are
> replaced by equalities."
>
> Begin["`Private`"]
>
> ExLinearProgramming[c_,A_,b_,d_]:=
>   Module[{k,A1,A2,b1,b2,x0,Fx0},k=Length[d];
> A1=Table[Part[A,d[[i]]],{i,1,k}];
> A2=Join[-A,A1];
> b1=Table[Part[b,d[[i]]],{i,1,k}];
> b2=Join[-b,b1];
> x0=LinearProgramming[c,A2,b2];
> Fx0=c.x0;{Fx0,x0}]
> End[]
> EndPackage[]
>
> I saved it: File/Save As Special/Package Format

I  did not change the "Cell Properties" to "Initialization Cell" for the
cell
in ExLinearProgramming.m.

Now when I changed the "Cell Properties" it seem that the package works.

> using the name ExLinearProgramming.m and put it in the
> directory /usr/local/mathematica/AddsOn/Applications
>
> Then in the Mathematica X Front end I type:
>
> In[1]:=<<ExLinearProgramming.m  (shift enter)
>
> then
>
> In[2]:= ExLinearProgramming[c,A,b,d]
>
> Out[2]=ExLinearProgramming[{1,-2,3,
>
> 2},{{1,1,1,1},{3,1,-2,-1},{3,-2,4,-1},{2,3,-5,-1}},{1,10,3,-4},{1,4}]

Now it works (after the changes of Cell Properties.

> So the function ExLinearProgramming in the Package ExLinearProgramming.m
> does
> not work.
>
> I have tried also the following:
>
> In[4]:=$Packages
> Out[4]={"ExLinearProgramming`","Global`","System`"}
>
> In[5]:=?ExLinearProgramming
> Out[5]=Global`ExLinearProgramming
>
> The last command should give the description of usage of the package
> from the file ExLinearProgramming.m:

Again now it works but I do not know how to end some line and
start new line (the blank lines do  not work:
The following lines in ExLinearProgramming.m
put between "..."

In[5]:=something

Out[5]=something
 give after command

?ExLinearProgramming

In[5]:=something Out[5]=something

Is there a way to seperate some regions of text by
blank lines?

> How to get the description and example of usage be available via the
> Help Browser and Help Index, Master Index from the X Front End?

Where can I find some explaination how to create
the "BrowserCategories.m"  file and
"MyLinearProgramming.nb" in the directory /Documentation/English ?

I have created some such files following the example of existing
documentation
but I could not get them working.

Could someone please give some advise (www site, book, some hint,...

Jan