Distance problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16256] Distance problem
  • From: mietta.lennes at Helsinki.FI (Mietta Lennes)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:41:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I have a problem.

I need to draw a figure picturing the relative interdistances of a limited
set of labeled points. The distance of each point to every other point is
known. On the basis of this information, is there a way to draw a 2- or
3-dimensional "map" where each point's location (coordinates) corresponds
to its distance to other points? On which terms is this possible?

Is there a computer program that can at least approximate this?

I am writing a paper in which this kind of figures would be most useful
and enlightening... but I need the information fast. Please mail any
possible answers straight to me.

Thank you very much!

Mietta Lennes
mietta.lennes at helsinki.fi