Mathematica Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16406] Mathematica Problem
  • From: "Jon.X" <jon at fs4.ph.man.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 02:17:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to use mathematica to run an external application and
return the results to the mathematica routine.  I'm wanting to use
the command "RunThrough" but I've found out that this command only
works on "certain computer systems".  I'm using dos/windows'95.
What exactly does it mean when it says it can only run on certain
systems?  Is there another way I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Jon.Exley