StartingParameters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16447] StartingParameters
  • From: Katarina Midelfort <midelfor at uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 02:21:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
   I am trying to use the option of giving starting parameters for a
NonlinearRegress command. I can't figure out the correct syntax for
this. Can anyone let me know the correct way to list the starting values
for two parameters in NonlinearRegress (or I think it should be the same
as NonlinearFit also)

Here is what I am trying:
NonlinearRegress[datatable, p[t], t ,{kon, koff}, StartingParameters ->
{{kon, 0.2},{koff,10^8}}]

I would like to have the data in the table (datatable) fit to the model
( p[t]) with the variables  ( t) and the parameters ( kon and koff)
staring at 0.2 for kon and 10^8 for koff. It doesn't fit when I try
without giving the starting parameters. What is the correct way to put
the starting parameters in the above statement?

I hope this question makes sense. Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Thank you,
 Katarina

Katarina Midelfort
Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology
University of Illinois
midelfor at uiuc.edu