Re: Re: StartingParameters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16605] Re: [mg16503] Re: [mg16447] StartingParameters
  • From: "Rajdeep S. Kalgutkar" <rajdeep at chem.nwu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:55:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Oops,

I messed up my previous reply... The syntax for NonlinearRegress is as
follows (as others have already pointed out correctly):

NonlinearRegress[datatable, p[t], t, {{kon,0.2},{koff,10^8}}]

You can also specify your parameters as follows:
{{kon,min,max},{koff,min,max}}
OR
{{kon,0.2,min,max},{koff,10^8,min,max}}

However you cannot use constraints (min and max) for one parameter, say
kon and not for the other (koff). Use the ShowProgress->True option to see
how your regression is proceeding. This feature is useful for many
parameter models where you want to know the points through which the
Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm proceeded.

Sorry about the mess up...
rajdeep