need a hand ordering functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16566] need a hand ordering functions
  • From: `WeDge <money00 at angelfire.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:54:50 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

ok, any help with this would be appreciated heaps.
The problem is, i have have six functions

1)  n log n
2)  n^8                   (n to the power of eight)
3)  n^1+a               (n to the power of one plus a)
4)  (1+a)^n             (one plus a to the power of n)
5)  n^2 / logn          (n squared over log n)
6)  (n^2 - n+1)^4   (n squared minus n plus one to the power of four)

now using the relations "proper subset" and "equals" i have to put the
above into a sequence where "a" is the arbitrary real constant, 0<a<1.

I know that te 4th function is the largest and
that the 2nd and 6th functions should be the same size
after that i'm stuck to be honest. If anyone could give me a hand with
this, I would be really gratefull.

Thanks