controlling the size of tick marks (was Re: help)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16589] controlling the size of tick marks (was Re: help)
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:55:01 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 16 Mar 1999, jan wrote:

> Please could you tell me if it is possible to increase the length of
> the graduation bars in mathematica graphics and how I can do it?.

See _The Mathematica Book_ (Third Edition), Sections 2.9.5 and 2.9.13.
These sections contain information about using the Ticks function to
control the properties of tick marks used on axes in two- and
three-dimensional plots.

If you are using the Mathematica 3.0 notebook front end, you can retrieve
the relevant sections by pasting the following expressions into separate
cells in a notebook and evaluating them.

FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["MainBook", {"2.9.5", "5.8"}]]

FrontEndExecute[Frontend`HelpBrowserLookup["MainBook", {"2.9.13", "13.16"}]]

If I have somehow misunderstood your question, please let me know.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.                  http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/