ReadList Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16639] ReadList Problems
  • From: Reinhard Alt <ralt at tarantel.rz.fh-muenchen.de>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:53:57 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Mathgroupers,

i am trying to use ReadList["file.dat",Number,RecordLists -> True]
The typ of file.dat is an ASCII file matrix (328 columns, 246 rows),
size 800 kB.
I need to read 5 such files but the evaluation time is about 90 minutes.
After saving the session, the notebook size is about 50 MB. Whats wrong?
(Computer RAM 64 MB)
Is it possible speed up this prozess.
Thanks a lot for any help you can give me.

Reinhard Alt
Munich, Germany