Re: combining two plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16769] Re: [mg16708] combining two plots
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:24:08 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>I'd like to draw in the same plot a function and some discrete
>points. How can I combine the ListPlot and Plot comands in the same
>figure?
>Joaquim Pratas Leitao

There are a number of ways you could do this.
1) Use the DisplayTogether command in the Graphics`Graphics` package.
2) If the points define the curve, use DisplayTogether, with two
ListPlot's, one with PlotJoined -> False, and one with PlotJoined ->
True.
2) Use Plot for the curve and the Epilog option to add an independent
set of points.
3) I have a set of graphics packages which allow most kinds of plot
objects, graphics directives and graphics primitives to be combined in
any order in one Show statement. They are available at my web-site
given below.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/