Re: combining two plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16768] Re: [mg16708] combining two plots
  • From: Jorge Zickermann <jzickermann at mail.EUnet.pt>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:24:07 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Joaquim,

    Suppose you have the following points;

xvalues = {0,2,6,8,9,15}
yvalues = {3,5,2,11,12,8}

    and the discrete plot of them;

plotdiscrete =ListPlot[Evaluate[Transpose[{xvalues,yvalues}]]]

    If you fit these points, for example, with a 3rd order polinomial;

function=Fit[Transpose[{xvalues,yvalues}],{1,x,x^2,x^3},x]

    and plot that continuous function;

plotfunction = Plot[function,{x,0,15}]

    To plot both the discrete and continuous plots together just do;

Show[plotdiscrete,plotfunction]

    Boa sorte,

    Jorge