Re: Write: space between numbers in a line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16789] Re: Write: space between numbers in a line
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:07:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 24 Mar 1999, Carles Serrat wrote:

> I will appreciate if somebody can tell me how to write two columns
> separated by some space using the Write function:
>
> AA=OpenWrite[A,FormatType->FortranForm];
> Write[AA,10,BLANK ,20]
>
> I would need something to put in the place of BLANK in order to leave a
> blank space between 10 and 20 in the file (I hope this is clear enough).
>
> I have tryied:
> Write[AA,10, ,20] and Write[AA,10," ",20]
> but it does not work.

If you are using the functions above to write a two-dimensional array to a
file, you may want to use the function WriteMatrix[] as defined on the
Technical Support FAQ page:

	http://www.wolfram.com/support/Kernel/Files/WriteMatrix.html

You could hack this code to use FortranForm as the FormatType rather
easily.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com