My System does not find the "help"-files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16829] My System does not find the "help"-files
  • From: Frank Wagner <frank.wagner at epfl.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 02:35:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everybody,

I have a question concerning the installation of Mathematica:

The program is installed on "D:\program files\....".

This creates a problem when using the Help Browser:
  The browser opens correctely and I can choose in the menu whatever I
want.
  When I click on the "GoTo"-Button the error occurs:
  It says: "Mathematica could not locate a help notebook.... (C:\Program
Files\Wolfram....)"

How can I change this?

(I tried to use the "option Inspector",
 but 1. I'm not sure that I found the right directory entry
 and 2. I could not change the "SystemHelpPath". By the way: The
$TopDirectory variable is fine. D:\....)

Thank you very much for your help, (I'm quite helpless without "help")

Frank Wagner

   Frank.Wagner at epfl.ch