Re: Autoloading Notation Definitions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16818] Re: Autoloading Notation Definitions
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 02:35:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lawrence Walker wrote:

> I can automatically load the Utilities`Notations` package by
> inserting the line, Get["Utilities`Notation`"], in a init.m
> file under the Autoload directory.
>
> In the line which follows, I then defined the abs symbol as
> follows
>
> Notation[|x_| \[DoubleLongRightArrow] Abs[x_]] .

There is another way -- use TraditionalForm.  E.g, if you type Abs[x]
and convert the cell to TraditionalForm (Cell | Convert To |
TraditionalForm).

If you visit Deja News at http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml and do a
search on BracketingBar under comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica you will
find a number of related postings.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia