Re: Hyperlinks from Word97 to Mathematica notebook.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17495] Re: Hyperlinks from Word97 to Mathematica notebook.
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 01:44:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 9 May 1999, WCamp92147 wrote:

> I'm using Word97 to write my disertation, and have many hyperlinks to
> Mathematica notebooks (PC platform, Windows 95, Mathematica 3.0).  I
> was wondering if I could jump to a specific location (e.g. a graphic)
> within the notebook, directly from Word.  I tried specifying a cell
> tag in Mathematica with a name "MyFigure1", and using that name as the
> "bookmark" name from Word, but it didn't work.

Depending on whether your system has a MIME-type association for opening
notebooks in Mathematica, it is possible to specify a hyperlink with a URL
of the form file://<path to notebook> that, when clicked, will cause the
front end to be launched and with the specified notebook opened.  It is
not possible to specify that the front end, when launched, should scroll
to a particular cell tag in the notebook.

Instead, You may want to use the hyperlink in Word to open a Mathematica
palette of buttons which act as navagational aids to your notebooks.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.                  http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/