Re: service pack for Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20600] Re: service pack for Mathematica?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 02:35:33 -0500
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I and, I suspect, others, devoutly wish the current method of addressing bugs would be changed so that the individual user does not have to wait until the bug actually appears and then track down a remedy (if available) including contacting Technical Support! "P.J. Hinton" wrote: > > On 26 Oct 1999, Shige Song wrote: > > > Are there anything like patchs or servie packs for Mathematica 4? I > > always install these stuffs for other software like Stata, WordPerfect, > > etc. because I want my software to be up-to-date, and I want to > > eliminate any bugs or potential bugs. But I can not find such kind of > > patchs or updates from the company site. Any ideas? > > Problematic bugs, if patchable, are addressed on a per-topic basis in the > Technical Support FAQ website. > > http://support.wolfram.com/ > > Some problems may require you to contact Technical Support directly to > arrange for the download of a replacement file. > > There are no general bundles of patches or service packs. > > -- > P.J. Hinton > Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com > Wolfram Research, Inc. > Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone. -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H) Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) Amherst, MA 01003-4515