Re: Solution of this equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20683] Re: Solution of this equation
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevin.mccann at jhuapl.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 02:10:14 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I Solve your equation I do get 3 answers.  Mathematica does not know
what Pr and Tr are so it can't know that the answers you desire are real.
If I plug in {Pr,Tr}={1,2} I get 3 solutions one of which is real.  What
values of these were you using?  Note that since your inputs are all exact,
mathematica is not returning approximate answers, i.e. since the
coefficients are all integers, you get exact answers.

--

Kevin J. McCann
Johns Hopkins University APL

news:7vrc3p$2nd at smc.vnet.net...