RE: Congratulations MathGroup!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20702] RE: [mg20674] Congratulations MathGroup!
  • From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:48:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I agree this is the real proof of a powerful user community.
I run communities at Maxis for our games, SimCity and The Sims.
Users like Steve make all the difference, and in fact there are
many more who have a key role in the mathematica community and Mathgroup.

I suggest the following. Could you identify those key persons and give them
 a mechanism to sort out the mathgroup messages such that they would be
searchable
in a more interesting fashion on the wolfram web site?
a little Java App might help them see which messages are not sorted,
and any of those "expert" could qualify (and therefore sort) the unsorted
messages.

So, when we will reach 40,000 messages, we will have an even more powerful
tool for the
community.

I have more ideas in that domain, I would love to share them with whoever is
in charge
of developing the Mathematica User community.

Cheers,
Luc Barthelet
General Manager, Maxis