Constrained optimization.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20708] Constrained optimization.
  • From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:48:49 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am trying to run a nonlinear fit with constraints. I can't seem to find
a package in mathematica to do this, allthough I may have missed it. There
is a reference in Mathsource (0207-289, multiplier method) but I was
wondering if one of the available packages would work also.

I have been workging with NonlinearFit and NonlinearRegress for example.
So I was wondering if I could use them for fits with constraints.

Thanks for any pointers.

John

--
      Ioannis   I    Ioannou                   phone: (206)-543-1372
      g-2 group, Atomic Physics                fax:   (206)-685-0635
      University of Washington        e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu