- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20708] Constrained optimization.
- From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:48:49 -0500
- Organization: University of Washington, Seattle
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi all, I am trying to run a nonlinear fit with constraints. I can't seem to find a package in mathematica to do this, allthough I may have missed it. There is a reference in Mathsource (0207-289, multiplier method) but I was wondering if one of the available packages would work also. I have been workging with NonlinearFit and NonlinearRegress for example. So I was wondering if I could use them for fits with constraints. Thanks for any pointers. John -- Ioannis I Ioannou phone: (206)-543-1372 g-2 group, Atomic Physics fax: (206)-685-0635 Department of Physics University of Washington e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu