Mangled the notebook settings.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20807] Mangled the notebook settings.
  • From: iioannou at u.washington.edu (I. Ioannou)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:13:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I was trying recently to introduce a frame around my cells, which I
managed. Then however, a frame would appear around every text object in my
graphics as well.

Trying to get rid of the latter, I mangled the notebook/global/local/etc
settings so badly that at this point I can't see any graphics at all, as
well as some cells are locked and can't evaluate them with Alt+Enter. And
who knows what else.

Of course, there are a few hundred options under the inspector, and I have
no time at this point to figure it all out. Is there a way to restore some
"default" settings to the notebook? Also, I have to get Mathematica to a
"default" state, as it is not the notebook only that is in trouble. (I
guess that's what the resetting of the "global" settings would accomplish)

There is an entry in the menus that claims to do that (reset? restore?),
but I had no great success.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, John
--
      Ioannis   I    Ioannou                   phone: (206)-543-1372
      g-2 group, Atomic Physics                fax:   (206)-685-0635
      University of Washington        e-mail: iioannou at u.washington.edu