Convex Hull

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20839] Convex Hull
  • From: Virgil Stokes <virgil.stokes at neuro.ki.se>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:40:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My problem is this:

  I have two ellipses that in general are different (lengths of minor/major
  axes may differ) and are positioned at random in the XY-plane
  with the condition that they do not overlap or touch at any point along their
  boundaries.

  The problem is to find the convex hull for these two ellipses -- fast.
  Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

  Please reply direct to my email since I am still unable to get messages
generated
  from the MathGroup list.

-- Virgil