Re: adjusting frame size in plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20213] Re: adjusting frame size in plot
  • From: Scot Hawkins <shawkins at comp.uark.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:06:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you, but this does not solve my problem.  To clarify what I want, I have
2 Plots plotted with identical x values, but different scales on the y axis,
say

Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2Pi},Frame->True];
Plot[20Sin[x],{x,0,2Pi},Frame->True];

However, both plots are plotted with the same dimensions, including the
mismatched tick labels on the y-axis.  -0.5 is longer than -20, so the actual
region of the frame is smaller.  I want Mathematica to give me both plots so
that the size of the frame is the same, so that I can use a ruler on a
print-out to directly compare points between the two graphs.

With trial and error, I could probably manually resize the PlotRegion:

Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2Pi},Frame->True,PlotRegion->{{0,1},{0,1}}];
Plot[20Sin[x],{x,0,2Pi},Frame->True,PlotRegion->{{.02,1},{0,1}}];

but there has to be a better method.