Re: Re: adjusting frame size in plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20294] Re: [mg20279] Re: adjusting frame size in plot
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:39:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, one way to handle this is to use PlotRegion. It does involve some trial and
error, but not much. Just leave some blank space to account for the shorter axes
labels in the upper plot. You don't have to export the data to another program.

Show[GraphicsArray[{{Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi},
DisplayFunction -> Identity, PlotRegion -> {{0.07, 1}, {0, 1}}]}, {Plot[
          10000 Sin[x], {x, 0, 2Pi},
DisplayFunction -> Identity]}}],
DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction]

But Mathematica is still confusing in that image size refers to the overall plot
dimensions with all the labels and it is not easy to calculate the space taken up by
the labels in advance. Mathematica gets really bad with long thin plots. But the
PlotRegion option is usually the way to fix things up.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/