HTMLSave v3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20428] HTMLSave v3.0
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm using Mathematica 3.01.1 on a PC/Win95 platform. I've not used the HTMLSave
function before, and am having a few problems exporting a notebook. For some
reason, the menu command File:Save As Special:HTML appears to truncate its
output, stopping mysteriously in the middle of the notebook. Using the
command HTMLSave[ ] does work. However, in the text portions of the
notebook, I use greek characters entered via escape sequences.  I had
expected that these would be translated either to GIFs or in Symbol font.
Instead, the html document is littered with indecipherable &*gr; Other
in-line formula are translated to GIFs, so it's only the greek letters that
do this. To my surprise, when I manually change all occurrences of greek
characters to Symbol font (Format:Font:Symbol), they are still translated as
&*gr. Thusfar, I've had to manually go through the html code and change
individual occurrences, effective but not so efficient.

Is there any way to ensure that these are translated in an interpretable
fashion, either as GIFs or Symbols font. I have downloaded the replacement
packages for TeXSave and HTMLSave (v 3.0) with no luck, though the new
package does avoid cutting off equations half way across the page, which is
a plus!

I assume this is not intended the behavior and I must have some options set
incorrectly. Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly
appreciated.

A. Sharma