Preventing NotebookWrite From Wrapping

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20431] Preventing NotebookWrite From Wrapping
  • From: Steve <nospam at nospam.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:33:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In Mathematica 3.0 how would I write text and the value of a parameter
to a notebook such that both end up on the same line ?

What I would like written to the notebook is for example

Min Residual = .0522

I tried
NotebookWrite[nb,{"Min Residual=",minresidual}]

where nb=NotebookCreate[] and minresidual is the desired value.

The problem is that minresidual wraps to the next line, like so

Min Residual=
.0522

Is there a way to prevent this wrapping ?

Thanks

Steve