Re: drawing tilted ellipses?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg20516] Re: drawing tilted ellipses?
- From: "Don Vossler" <vossler at ugsolutions.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:09 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote in message news:7v3bmr$5te at smc.vnet.net... > Is it possible to draw an ellipse in Mathematica that is not orthogonal > to the XY axes? E.g., leaning over 30 degrees? Joe, There's a new book just out entitled "Exploring Analytic Geometry with Mathematica" (Academic Press, ISBN: 0127282556, Vossler). It includes software for drawing ellipses (and other conics) at angles, plus a lot more. You can find it at both www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnobel.com. I am the author of the book, and would welcome any comments you might have on it (the entire book and software packages are provided as Mathematica notebooks on the CD-ROM that is provided with the printed version of the book). Don Vossler vossler at ugsolutions.com