Re: drawing tilted ellipses?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20516] Re: drawing tilted ellipses?
  • From: "Don Vossler" <vossler at ugsolutions.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:05:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote in message news:7v3bmr$5te at smc.vnet.net...
> Is it possible to draw an ellipse in Mathematica that is not orthogonal
> to the XY axes?  E.g., leaning over 30 degrees?

Joe,

There's a new book just out entitled "Exploring Analytic Geometry with
Mathematica" (Academic Press, ISBN: 0127282556, Vossler).  It includes
software for drawing ellipses (and other conics) at angles, plus a lot more.
You can find it at both www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnobel.com.

I am the author of the book, and would welcome any comments you might have
on it (the entire book and software packages are provided as Mathematica
notebooks on the CD-ROM that is provided with the printed version of the
book).

Don Vossler
vossler at ugsolutions.com