Postscript output from 3D-graphics problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20537] Postscript output from 3D-graphics problem
  • From: Hans-Peter Kunzle <HP.Kunzle at ualberta.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:13:54 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Has anybody encountered a similar problem?

I am running Mathematica version 4 under Linux (SuSE 6.2)
on two computers. On both the installation worked without
problems and everything is fine except that I cannot
print postscript from 3-dimensional plots. Any surface
plot simply shows up as a uniformly (pink) colored area
in the postscript file although it displays correctly in
the notebook. This happens for all 3-d graphics on both
my computers.

I did send such a notebook to Wolfram asking for advice,
but only got the answer (after about a week) that my notebook
printed fine on their system. When I asked for some help
tracking down a possible installation problem I never heard
from them again (although I am paying for so-called Premier
Service).

Any help would be appreciated!

Hans

--
H.P. Kunzle                    | Office: (780)492-3798,492-3396
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences | Fax:    (780)492-6826