Re: FourierTransform Bug V4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20553] Re: FourierTransform Bug V4
  • From: Jane.M.Manderscheid at lerc.nasa.gov (Jane M Manderscheid)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:14:04 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't know how to fix it, but the problem may be due to the usage of
DiracDelta functions rather than Fourier transforms. Try the following
command:
Integrate[2 DiracDelta[w-2x],x]
-1+UnitStep[-w+2 x]
Change the w to y and you'll get a different answer:
Integrate[ 2 DiracDelta[y-2 x],x]
UnitStep[2 x-y]
These results were obtained from V. 4 on unix platforms.  Version 3 works
correctly.  I emailed Wolfram a week ago but have not received a response.

Jane Manderscheid
NASA Glenn Research Center

In article <7v3dqn$64d at smc.vnet.net>, lwalker701 at earthlink.net says...