Re: Electromagnetics notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20588] Re: [mg20558] Electromagnetics notebooks
  • From: "Parker E.C. Bradley" <pbradle1 at TWCNY.RR.COM>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:54:59 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dr. Tejo ... or is it Dr. Cecato?,

"Maria Aurea B. Cecato" wrote:

> I am a professor at the Federal University of Paraiba, doing research
> and teaching in Electromagnetics. I wonder if you could, kindly, send me
> some information on available notebooks for teaching Electromagnetics.
> Thanking you in advance, I look forward to an early reply.
> Yours sincerely.
>
> Francisco de Assis F. Tejo
>
> tejo at dee.ufpb.br

A good book for talented and motivated undergraduates and beginning
graduate students is "Electrodynamics: a concise introduction", by James
Blake Westgard (Springer Verlag, 1997, ISBN 0-387-94585-7). I comes with
a disk with basic Mathematica Scripts and covers the application of the
theory and the math with mathematica throughout the text.

A book that might make an interesting companion volume (if you can still
get it, I think it is out of print) in establishing extra foundations is
"Quantum Methods with Mathematica", by James M. Feagin
(Springer-Verlag/Telos, 1994, ISBN 0-387-97973-5 or 3-540-97973-5)

Hope this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,
Parker E.C. Bradley

Parker E.C. Bradley                voice: 315-475-9245
P.E.C.B. Engineering                 FAX: 707-988-0130
P.O. BOX 15382                 E-mail: parker at pecb.com
Syracuse, NY 13215                   web: www.pecb.com
             PGP PUBLIC KEY AVAILABLE
        http://www.pecb.com/PECP_ASP.html