Global optimisation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19582] Global optimisation
  • From: "Sortech Limited" <sortech.limited at virgin.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 01:34:22 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

I'm looking for a global optimisation package which can accept non-linear
constraints. Is the Loel package sold by WRI the only realistic option
(expensive!) or is there something else out there?

I really need something that will handle up to 50 variables.

If Loel's package is the answer does anyone have some experience of its ease
of use and performance.

Bob