Re: Re: Numbers problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19597] Re: [mg19524] Re: [mg19520] Numbers problem
  • From: "Andrzej Kozlowski" <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 01:34:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yes, I was a bit puzzled that you did no thave any index variable, which
does the main "accounting" of which cases have been checked in the original
Backtrack. You obviously need something like it.

Clearly your version is  faster in checking individual cases but in general
it will only be faster when no solutions exist for then each program has to
test tall of them before exiting.

Andrzej