Re: LaTeX Output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19649] Re: LaTeX Output
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:28:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> The cited web page includes two links, one for the .pfa file and the
> other for the .pfb file.  The instructions say to be sure to download
> the first in ASCII mode and the second in binary mode.  But both links
> are to http URL's.  In Netscape Navigator, say, how does one control the
> format of the download -- ASCII or binary?  And is there some ftp site
> with the same files (in ftp it is trivial to control the download mode).

Questions about the availability of files from the Technical Support
website are best handled by Technical Support.  You may want to contact
them <support at wolfram.com> directly to see if they offer thes files via
anonymous FTP.

You may download a file in binary mode by holding down the shift key while
clicking on the hyperlink that initiates the download.  I am unsure
whether Netscape Navigator has a way to specify that a file be downloaded
as text.  Under Windows, try letting the browser download the file into
the browser window and then performing the menu command File -> Save As...
On the resulting dialog window, set the file type drop-down list box to
Text (.txt).  If that does not work, go get a shareware/freeware utiliity
that translates newlines from one OS convention to another (UNIX -> DOS).
You can also write a program in Mathematica that does this.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.