Coordinate Transformations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19829] Coordinate Transformations
  • From: "Jason Rupert" <jkrupert at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:37:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

                             Please Reply to: rupertj at email.uah.edu
Hello All,
I have crusied the web, read the Mathematica help, and looked at many of the
posted email questions but none answer my question. Maybe ya'll can help. I
am working on a project that involves several different coordinate systems.
These coordinate systems are arbitrarily set-up by me to easyily describe
that part of the system. I will have to be able to write the position,
velocity, acceleration, etc. vectors in terms of these several different
coordinates. All the unit vectors are orthogonal and right-handed. I also
have all the angles involved in the rotation from one coordinate system to
another. Is their any way to set-up a rotation matrices so that this can
easily be done? Does any one have an example that I can follow? Any help you
can offer will be greatly appreciated. Can you refrence me to any sources to
examine. Are there any Mathematica user groups where daily postings are
made?

Thanks again,
Jason Rupert
UAH Huntsville, AL