Re: does it run under Windows NT server edition?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19856] Re: [mg19796] does it run under Windows NT server edition?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 01:20:40 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Are you referring to NT Terminal Server Edition, or to
NT Server?  I suspect you're referring to the former,
in which case the official Wolfram line is pretty much
"We don't know."

We haven't tried it in house and, to the best of my
knowledge, haven't gotten much feedback from other
users who have tried it.  I don't know what NT/TSE's
record for compatibility is, so I don't even have a
guess as to whether it's likely or not.  I would
be interested to hear from anybody who's tried it.

I should say that, if it does work, it could be made
more efficient by installing the fonts locally (this
is one of the few things you can do locally).

As for NT Server, there are no known problems and
you should find that Mathematica functions identically
to running on an NT Workstation system.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com