How to make Package?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19926] How to make Package?
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <dana2 at email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:22:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello.  I am new to Mathematica 3 and just read the book "Programming in Mathematica."
I would like to make my own "Package," but the book forgets to mention how
to do this exactly.
In other words, I do not know where the command go, and how to save them to
a file with a *.m extension.  Do I need to put the following in 1 cell only,
and use "Save as ..Package"?
Or, do I need to put them in multiple cells?  Another article I read gives
the impression I write the lines in a Word processor, and save it as a Text
file with a *.m extension.   Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance.  Dana

If I have a simple example:
BeginPackage["MyFile`MyStuff`"]
Something::usage = etc