Displaying equations in Graphics3D Text primitives

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19953] Displaying equations in Graphics3D Text primitives
  • From: "G. Raymond Brown" <gbrown at cau.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:11:27 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Group,

I'm a new Mathematica user, and have enjoyed (and begun to use) many of
your submissions. Thank you all for your interest and expertise.

I would like to have the Text primitive in Graphic3D display equations,
for example " rho = k r ^ -2", where "rho" is the lowercase Greek
letter, etc. M insists on stripping away the greek letters, equal signs,
and minus signs - maybe more such symbols that I haven't yet
encountered. So far, my experimenting with options and StyleForm have
produced no improvement. Are there any suggestions?

--
G. Raymond Brown, Ph.D. gbrown at cau.edu http://galaxy.cau.edu/gbrown/
Assoc. Prof. of Physics