Re: How to make Package?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19937] Re: How to make Package?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:11:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Dana,

it is up to you. You can write the source of the package with a simple
ASCII editor or with the FrontEnd. The FrontEnd is nothing else than a
word processor (with some special functions).

You may look at the packages that come with Mathematica.
The older packages are written as plain ASCII files and placed
in the directories AddOns/StandardPackages/...

Some newer (namely the Notation package) are written and explained in a
Notebook. There you can mix formulas, explanations of your code ... with
the package definitions. For the "working only" case you can simply save
the package and load you definitons without the "explanation overhead".

Hope that helps
  Jens