Re: Challenge Mathematica vs Excel Addins

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19981] Re: [mg19961] Challenge Mathematica vs Excel Addins
  • From: "Richard Palmer" <rhpcvn at tiac.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:26:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I use both the Decisioneering package (Crystal Ball) and Mathematica.  If
all you have to do are the kinds of Simulations Crystal Ball is built for,
it is much faster and easier than Mathematica to solve problems and debug
your work.  However, clearly Mathematica can perform the same processes and
do much more.  If you need this kind of backup (e.g. statistics Crystal Ball
doesn't provide, longer simulation runs than Excel supports, or functions of
your random variables that Excel doesn't provide) then Mathematica is
invaluable.

Regards,