Re: InverseLaplaceTransform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19986] Re: InverseLaplaceTransform
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:26:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Knut,

> I have a Laplace function (from a diffusion problem in
> electrochemistry), but this function cannot be inverted, and I have to
> do this numerically.
> Please let me know how to do that using Mathematica or in another way.
> Regards,

There's a package in MathSource that implements three numerical inverse Laplace
transforms.  See Cheng, A.H-D., Sidauruk, P. and Abousleiman, Y., ``Approximate
inversion of the Laplace transform,'' Mathematica Journal, Vol.4,  No. 2, 1994.
for more details.

Regards
 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------